30 blue mpimbwe 1-2" fry for 240usd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eko

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi everyone

so since this is the only forum where i get answers quickly and the only one where members are actually concerned about ur questions.....i want to know if 30 F1 mpimbwe blue frontosa fry for @240$ + $50 shipping are a good deal. i had 8 burundi fronts that i sold for 500$ but they never spawned at all and a guy was begging me to have them since he knows ill be moving out of state soon. so i have a couple of questions regarding these fry.

#quick note# i bought my first breeding group from a local breeder of demasoni here in Georgia(usa). i bought 14 & have worked out well on a 40g breeder & about 6 months later i bought another breeding group of demasoni from another local breeder but he said he had mostly females so 2 males from my 1st breeding group would do my new group well. so i split all of them into 2 breeding groups and i have had 2 females spawn & i have 3 holding at the momement. so....back to the fry of mpimbwe.

1* how can you pros actually tell if they are f1s(i know wild caught have spot)?

2*should i split them into 3 10fish groups in 40G breeder tanks? or should i keep them all in my 75g breeder tank together till they get bigger.(im having a 135 built as we speak in texas)

3* what should i feed them?

4* how do i handle them once my box comes in? how do i acclimate them?tips & steps pls.

5* how can i control my fish addiction? im getting a house in texas with my gf(who you guys met before here-->Frontosa.com • View topic - self photo) with 3 bedrooms and its just me & her. master bedroom (with 2 tanks lol),a gaming room(we are ps3 call of duty gamers lol) with 3 tanks. and a 3rd room for my office & 5 tanks. and my main display tank(probably a 90g) will be in the living room. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH(quote from the first scene in the movie grandmas boy)

1. You cannot visually tell F1's from F20's. You'll have to take the seller's word that the parents are wild caughts.

2. 10 fry per 40gal breeder should work, all of them in a 75gal would probably work for a while as well (until all of them are 2" I guess). I'd recommend getting them in to the larger tank (the 135gal) as soon as possible though. 30 frontosa fry would ultimately require a several large tanks as they mature. These fry will be several inches in length in a year's time. The fastest growers may reach 5" or 6" in their first year.

3. They can be fed high quality pellets or good quality flakes that have a high protein content?

Hi! Funny I saw your post, I just got 10 of them (F1) today from a breeder friend of mine for $50usd. He has about 65 left, would you like his info? I'm not sure where you are located...

Really? ok great where was it that you said you got them from? And does he do shipping? If you can please send me the information so i can go ahead and place an order today that would be great! :) And does he do good deals if i were to order a good amount? :thanks:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom