30 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grode15

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i have a 30 gallon long fish tank that has 1 BN pleco,1 red tailed shark,3 kuhli loaches,3 nerite snails,1 panda cory,1emerald cory,1 peppered cory,1 juli cory, and 1 albino cory. I got 5 different types of cories because the the guy at petsmart said they would all school together,but he was wrong they dont school together at all. So i was wondering if i could get 2 more of each cory without overstocking my tank. On aqadvisor it says my tank has 198% filtration and my stocking level is 69%. So please tell me if you think i could add 2 more of each cory. Also i know my tank is too small for a red tailed shark but hes small now and im upgrading soon and im going to put my BN pleco and red tailed shark in the bigger tank.

Ight thanks for the help

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So i have a 30 gallon long fish tank that has 1 BN pleco,1 red tailed shark,3 kuhli loaches,3 nerite snails,1 panda cory,1emerald cory,1 peppered cory,1 juli cory, and 1 albino cory. I got 5 different types of cories because the the guy at petsmart said they would all school together,but he was wrong they dont school together at all. So i was wondering if i could get 2 more of each cory without overstocking my tank. On aqadvisor it says my tank has 198% filtration and my stocking level is 69%. So please tell me if you think i could add 2 more of each cory. Also i know my tank is too small for a red tailed shark but hes small now and im upgrading soon and im going to put my BN pleco and red tailed shark in the bigger tank.

Corydoras catfish like to be in groups of 5-6 at the least. It brings out their colors and normal behavior better. If you would have 15 total Cory Cats in your tank, it would look really busy since you already have 3 Kuhli Loaches.

so your saying i should not get more cories?

You're sort of in a bad situation with your Cory Cats because of bad advice. Green Cory Cats sort of get on the bigger side, and they aren't even in the Corydoras genus. They are a relative to Cory Cats though. If I were you, I would sell or give 4 of the 5 Cory Cats to some friend(s) who has a tank or sell them. I would then add 5 to 6 more of the type of Cory Cat that you would have remaining. It's up to you in the end though. You can keep the Cories that you have, but you wouldn't see the usual behavior in them that you'd see if they were with a group of their own kind.

You're sort of in a bad situation with your Cory Cats because of bad advice. Green Cory Cats sort of get on the bigger side, and they aren't even in the Corydoras genus. They are a relative to Cory Cats though. If I were you, I would sell or give 4 of the 5 Cory Cats to some friend(s) who has a tank or sell them. I would then add 5 to 6 more of the type of Cory Cat that you would have remaining. It's up to you in the end though. You can keep the Cories that you have, but you wouldn't see the usual behavior in them that you'd see if they were with a group of their own kind.

OK thanks now I just have to decide which one to keep this is going to be a hard decision.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom