30 Gallon Tank W/ Micro bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love_MyFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there a way to get the microbubbles out of my water? I am using a EX70 Filter and a air wand, please help!:confused:

To confirm that are the microbubbles, first stop your air pump for few days to see if the water clears. Don't worry about of lack of oxygen in the tank for your fish, the reality is that the tanks get enough oxygen interchange in the water surface with the proper water movement.

If the bubbles clear, I'm assuming that you are using an airstone, these stones generate like you said tiny , super tiny bubbles, what I do in my tank is that I dig the airstone under my gravel, which increase the resistance to the air and produces larger bubbles eliminating the microbubbles.

Hope I was clear and this could help you.:yawn:

ejaramillo01 said:
To confirm that are the microbubbles, first stop your air pump for few days to see if the water clears. Don't worry about of lack of oxygen in the tank for your fish, the reality is that the tanks get enough oxygen interchange in the water surface with the proper water movement.

If the bubbles clear, I'm assuming that you are using an airstone, these stones generate like you said tiny , super tiny bubbles, what I do in my tank is that I dig the airstone under my gravel, which increase the resistance to the air and produces larger bubbles eliminating the microbubbles.

Hope I was clear and this could help you.:yawn:

I'm treating for Ich and raised the temp to 82, is it wise to stop the air at this time?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

82 isn't high enough to make a difference. Now 84-86 (where you should be elevating to) may need the extra agitation.

Back
Top Bottom