30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helios

Aquarium Advice Activist
So we have bought a new house and in doing so I have gotten rid of my 30 gallon fresh and turned it into a 30 gallon reef. I've moved everything from my 10 gallon into the 30, and am ready to add some new critters.

Here's what I've got:

1 clown
2 snails
2 emerald crabs

Looking for suggestions on additional fish.

Things I like that are available:
Cardinals
Blue green chromis
Neon dottyback
Second clown

Good variety of color and movement are what I'm looking for. Ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's a pic of the new tank. Most of the corals are already glued to rocks so they'll have to stay where they are. My ideas for stocking:

Group 1:
Clown (have)
Maroon or black clown
3 green chromis
1 dottyback (neon or purple)

Group 2:
Clown
3 pj cardinals
2 green chromis

Group 3:
Clown
3 Banggai Cardinals
1 dottyback
1 six line wrasse

Or some other combination of these. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 1407111806854.jpg
    1407111806854.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 104
I like group 2. I would add a clown goby instead of another clown of any kind. Just referring to the other groupings you had. I would add to this group some king of blenny or goby that is beneficial to your sand bed. A bigger cc wouldn't hurt

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awesome. That was the one I was leaning towards too. What type of goby or blenny would you suggest? My husband has a thing for lawnmower blenny. Would that work?

Lawnmower blenny would be a great choice. They have so much character.

A green or yellow clown goby would make good tank mates for group 2 also. And just for a neon goby. Then you could sit in front of the tank and plays where's waldo

Great thanks. I tried getting a clown goby fir my lfs back last easter when I set up the 10. They special ordered it for me. It still hasn't come in. :S

Because all the fish in group 2 are relativity peaceful, is there really a specific order I should put them in the tank or can I just add them in the order I find them?

If you go with these fish I would put the clown you already have and the lawnmower blenny in last at the same time. If the clown is already in just change up the rock work ever so slightly after you've added the last fish

Back
Top Bottom