300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another interesting Reef2Reef thread that goes back about 3 years, when MH was still king of lighting. But something I found interesting was the broad range of techniques used to grow SPS. Some successful reefers seem to add a chemistry set to their tanks daily, but their pictures are fantastic. Others barely change the water and still have gorgeous growth. This leaves me puzzled...

Pulled up for me, very interesting thread. Goes to further show how in this hobby what works for one person may very well not be what works for another.

I've never had one, but heard they like "dirty" water and like any sponge do well in most lighting, but are filter feeders.

Just a FYI for those out there that want a big reef full of corals and fish. You get to do this. Scraping pink algae off the front and sides so you can see said corals and fish.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391641485.075299.jpg

It's all about that magical foot they push out first. I don't get frags that haven't been given a chance to recover from fragging and re-establishes that footing.

Really neat Greg. Not on that level, but I always accidently break pieces of my birds nest off when I move it. I've glued them down several times, but stopped due to having SO many. Even though stopping, the ones that break off sometimes start to grow as well. It is really neat how it works and goes to show how reefs form/so on.

That's what I'm hoping as well that our future natural corals will establish a lot quicker and we can frag more of our home corals so we can leave the ones in the ocean there

Back
Top Bottom