300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Acro that's volunteered on a small frag rack and probe holder. When you get it to grow there's no stopping it.

Hey if you dont need it just break it off and ship it to me! Lol. I need a couple more SPSs until im filled up!

I will someday! I have 6000 sqft in my office building, in a year or two I'm using about 1500' of it for a Midwest coral farm. Growing the mother colonies while I wait.

This is what I love about this hobby. I noticed my firefish had taken up residence with a shrimp I put in almost two years ago and never saw again. Here he is in all his glory.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391985005.899043.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391985028.507578.jpg

He's a Tiger Snapping Shrimp I think I added at least two years ago. Never saw him again until I noticed my purple firefish had a house mate. This made my day. I had wondered how this little firefish could excavate these big burrows he lives in. Now I know. He has a bulldozer for a friend.

Last edited:
He's a Tiger Snapping Shrimp I think I added at least two years ago. Never saw him again until I noticed my purple firefish had a house mate. This made my day. I had wondered how this little firefish could excavate these big burrows he lives in. Now I know. He has a bulldozer for a friend.

Amazing...... !!! Congrats

I know how you feel. I had a Zebra Serpent Starfish for close to 13 years but after the first year, I didn't see him for almost 4 years and thought he just died in the tank. I was preparing for getting a new fish and doing some redecorating in the tank and guess who dropped out of a piece of deco coral I was rearranging? The starfish! And MAN how he'd grown! From that point on I saw him frequently. I can't explain the absence. LOL I was sad to have to let him go when I moved but at least I knew the store that got him from me was going to make a customer very happy with him :D

I kept seeing these big pits being excavated that the little firefish lived in, should have occurred to me he didn't have the means to dig them.

I know how you feel. I had a Zebra Serpent Starfish for close to 13 years but after the first year, I didn't see him for almost 4 years and thought he just died in the tank. I was preparing for getting a new fish and doing some redecorating in the tank and guess who dropped out of a piece of deco coral I was rearranging? The starfish! And MAN how he'd grown! From that point on I saw him frequently. I can't explain the absence. LOL I was sad to have to let him go when I moved but at least I knew the store that got him from me was going to make a customer very happy with him :D
Wow 4 years. Now I feel silly getting excited when I find something I hadn't seen for a few months only lol.

Wow 4 years. Now I feel silly getting excited when I find something I hadn't seen for a few months only lol.

I KNOW!!!! LOL But this was the tank he was in: Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Andy Sager's Album: Clownfish - Picture
So you can see why I would think he was dead and just decomposed in the tank because I would never be able to find him under all that rock. I had to open up some of the swimming lanes when my Asfur/ Maculosis hybrid started growing too big. He was only 1" when I got him but he was over 7" when I had to trade him in. (y)

Back
Top Bottom