300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have my phosphates super low, but it forms in places anyways. I think bits of decaying food get caught and form a spot where it can grow.

Id put a whole vial of ultra life red slime remover (up to 300 gallons), suck up whay cyano i could. Keep skimmer off for a day. 2 Days later do a huge water change. Then continue with larger water changes and less feeding. I know ill probably be shot down for suggesting this prroduct as it is a quick fix, or mask. But it worked decent for my tank with no ill effects on livrstock or coral. Its about $20 at my LFS. Just an idea, probably what id do. Ive never seen any if my snails eat it. I even ordered some black margarite snails that claimed to eat it. Good luck, its some ugly stuff!

That is correct! I was joking to put them in but I believe I recall that ""Mike Palleta"" has black sailfin mollys as well...but who is he anyways ;) They breed like crazy so they use the fry as live food as well. Good luck! (y)

GARF.ORG - The reef aquarium place It's somewhere in that web page. Lot of good reading but all over the place and she sells them as well.

Here is a video
Sally Jo's Cyanobacteria eating Mollies - YouTube

Ill def give it a shot if i get it again! My LFS sells marine acclimated mollies fairly cheap. Always wondered why. I was thinking feeders for big fish.

Got the cyano under control. Raised magnesium some and did a water change. All corals looking good again. As my stoney corals start to dominate the tank, some of the softies are retreating. Interesting balancing act.

The orange zoas are growing on a plastic plate covered in frag plugs. I can lift one out, sell it and in about a month it's covered again.

Back
Top Bottom