300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some one in my reef club was selling a clown tang. His girlfriend decided to order it without him knowing. She was going to put it in a 30 cube

Need to get a picture of my softball size Green Montipora Digitata that has one branch touching the tank wall. It has now set down a base foot about the size of a silver dollar on the glass. I have a purple garf bonzai growing well right next to it. But still have issues growing caps. They just don't grow as well for me as some of the more finicky corals do. Makes no sense. It seems if I can get one established, it will grow out fine, but I've had several frags that just sat there.

Last edited:
You're all welcome to come by. What you'll see is a bunch of really old fish tank gear, incrusted in salt, with a few modern additions. My fish room holds only three people at a time!

You're all welcome to come by. What you'll see is a bunch of really old fish tank gear, incrusted in salt, with a few modern additions. My fish room holds only three people at a time!

Are you one of the old salt encrusted additions?

It's a thriving 20 year old reef. That's a huge accomplishment. I've been keeping a reef since June. Current tank since September. I have researched for years before starting a reef and I know there is always knowledge to be gained.

It's a thriving 20 year old reef. That's a huge accomplishment. I've been keeping a reef since June. Current tank since September. I have researched for years before starting a reef and I know there is always knowledge to be gained.

That's very true. I've learned a lot working with folks locally and on the forums.

I learn something new everyday. Today I learned the process to do a tank transfer method to treat new fish for ich. We have a pretty good reef club here in Springfield that has some knowledgeable members

I'm not sure the clown tang is fit to live with most anyone. He is aggressive and getting more so. So far he hasn't attacked me or the foxface. I watch both of them when in that tank. But good heavens he just gets prettier, I can see why people are attracted to them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom