300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Always a good read. Some interesting points. The macros in the display is a good idea, I believe, but having it in a refugium i also a good idea so that 'safe place' remains. I have minimal macro in my display, most due to not being able to keep it alive at times in the display, as long as you exclude the red algae that I hate.
To starve the red hair whatever it is, I'm banking on caulpera prolifa in my refugium. I'm hoping it does well, considering I'm not putting it in a sand bed and separated from everything else.

I especially like the part where he states that they (the successful reef keepers) don't apologize for some algae in their DT's. It's funny, I have a ton of bubble algae in one of my shallow stock tanks. I don't even see it. People have come to my house and didn't want to take a free frag because there was bubble algae on the plug. It's why I have undetectable nitrates, and super colorful sps colonies! :D

It depends on the algae I think. Some is easier to deal with than others. I def agree with bubble algae as I ignore it unless it's on a plug. The red turfy/hair algae crap I have drives me insane though.

Funny, I too have a soft coral tank that's full if bubble algae. I just ignore it. Will clean it all out every now and then, but it comes back. The coral could care less.

Back
Top Bottom