36 bf build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah like what? Im wanting to go with something readily available. Im not much of an online order person. But what are some dwarfs? And do you mean a dwarf cichlid community? or what? Shell dwellers? I want active fish mainly

By dwarfs I mean small south American and african river cichlids that stay under 4". Although shell dwellers would defiantly make a nice active tank. If you want color I'd go mikrogeophagus ramirezi or apistogramma

By dwarfs I mean small south American and african river cichlids that stay under 4". Although shell dwellers would defiantly make a nice active tank. If you want color I'd go mikrogeophagus ramirezi or apistogramma

Okay what small south americans could I do? And what african rivers could I do? Are they mixable?

Not really mixable IMO it can be done I've done it but wouldn't recommend. Any species from mikrogeophagus, apistogramma, or pelvichromis. The first two are South Americans, pelvichromis is African.

Not really mixable IMO it can be done I've done it but wouldn't recommend. Any species from mikrogeophagus, apistogramma, or pelvichromis. The first two are South Americans, pelvichromis is African.

I like the apistos and the mikros. Could those 2 work together? Or just 1 type?

Following along! Can't wait to see what you do with it. And hey, with 6 empty tanks I could always use some extra inspiration myself.

I'd stick to one or the other then go with some community fish. A school or two of sw tetras or some top water fish

Okay great. The apistos are easier to find imo but I could be wrong. Whats sw tetras?

Following along! Can't wait to see what you do with it. And hey, with 6 empty tanks I could always use some extra inspiration myself.
Thanks! Ill give the best inspiration possible. This is gonna be a fun tank but I think I may skip live plants for now. Im gonna do plastic and silk. I would like to find some real dw from somewhere though! Maybe a few nice river stones or slate type as well

I've realized I am as bad with aquatic plants as I am with land ones. So I am sticking with floating plants for now. Water lettuce is really hardy and lighting is easy since they aren't down deep in the tank. Looks nice too. Other than that, I'm sticking to the fake stuff for now. I'm just happy most of my tanks are not display tanks.

Okay great. The apistos are easier to find imo but I could be wrong. Whats sw tetras?

Thanks! Ill give the best inspiration possible. This is gonna be a fun tank but I think I may skip live plants for now. Im gonna do plastic and silk. I would like to find some real dw from somewhere though! Maybe a few nice river stones or slate type as well

I meant some tetras I don't know why my changed it to sw. Rams are usually the easier fish to find but it would depend on location. I don't do live plants either

I meant some tetras I don't know why my changed it to sw. Rams are usually the easier fish to find but it would depend on location. I don't do live plants either

Yeah rams are easy to find. My petsmart sells blue and bolivian rams so I may go that route. I still have a nice LFS that I can check out as well. They normally have a rarer stock

So water log day 1 is

Ph 7.6
Ammo .50
Nitrite 0 o_0
Nitrate 0

What more to expect from day 1?

Ok, just making sure, was wondering why you were starting a fresh a cycle if you already had seeded media in another tank lol carry on :)

Back
Top Bottom