36.bow front stocking options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tetra1990 said:
Yep, give him time. And congrats! How big is yours?

okay I will. id say a good 5in. give or take. thanks! I like him a lot. I got Dr.No a decor log to hide in and I might get some pvc pipe later.
how ever I wanna get 6 gold barb today but im afraid ill over load the bacteria..

awilson133 said:
I got my peacock eel!!!:3 his name is!!! Dr.No :) I wanted to look at him but he buried himself in the gravel..is this normal when you first get em?

Yay!! It's normal. Mine is buried all morning until 3 pm, then out and about the rest of the day. Is he a striped peacock eel?

awilson133 said:
okay I will. id say a good 5in. give or take. thanks! I like him a lot. I got Dr.No a decor log to hide in and I might get some pvc pipe later.
how ever I wanna get 6 gold barb today but im afraid ill over load the bacteria..

Did you fishless cycle? Your not going to overload the bacteria at all. Don't worry. I added 15 tetras in one day with no I'll effects

awilson133 said:
yep he is stripped! I did in fact do a fishless cycle.

Awesome! You should be fine adding 6 barbs today. If you are worried (which you shouldn't be) just check parameters

called every petco.petsmart lfs in wichita no gold barb. but I got my second choice. bloodfin tetras

awilson133 said:
called every petco.petsmart lfs in wichita no gold barb. but I got my second choice. bloodfin tetras

Yea, I think gold barbs are rare around here( I'm in Nebraska) my petsmart only got in 3 and they were marked 'new'. I grabbed all 3.

Tetra1990 said:
Yea, I think gold barbs are rare around here( I'm in Nebraska) my petsmart only got in 3 and they were marked 'new'. I grabbed all 3.

lol your not to far from me!. I got 5 golds a petco a month ago and I figured they have some. the lady told me the only get em if petco sends em.

still havent seen Dr.No.:(

Don't worry. He will come out in time. Mine is getting used to things now too and hes just starting to come up to the top of the tank. I bet you'll see him tomorrow

What are you planning on feeding him btw?

I have blood worms. flakes maybe. I saw your 60 gallon thread so im think ill try worms. but ones from the bait shop of course ;)

I have blood worms. flakes maybe. I saw your 60 gallon thread so im think ill try worms. but ones from the bait shop of course ;)
haha yeah. I know they eat earthworms. Mine didnt swallow them though, just picked at them. But they love bloodworms and earthworms.

George9 said:
haha yeah. I know they eat earthworms. Mine didnt swallow them though, just picked at them. But they love bloodworms and earthworms.

I read that they love blood worms. so at feeding time I gave the tetras some thinking he would come out. we'll see tomorrow I guess!

Yeah, they're goo goo for bloodworms lol. He might come out when your sleeping, look in the morning :)

awilson133 said:
I saw his tail and it moved into the gravel more..

Well, darn. It's still early! Don't worry. Do you have hiding spots for him?

im kinda toying around with puting baby angels in like 2?. bad Idea?

awilson133 said:
im kinda toying around with puting baby angels in like 2?. bad Idea?

No, you can do that. just get rid of one when they get older, unless they end up pairing. I have 9 juvies in one tank now with no issues

Back
Top Bottom