36 Bowfront - filter question ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zimbra

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well...after a 5 year absence from the hobby...I am back !!! Let the obsession begin. I previously had a 125 FOWLR...it was prestine. I sold it for some reason and have not had a tank since.

I was given a 36 bowfront tank. Want to setup a small FOWLR...possibly get some easy to maintain corals eventually.

Anyway, what kind of filter do yall think I should get. Hang on the back Penguin filter or a cannister type filter???

I will be posting pics of my progress as I put this thing together.

Thanks and yall have a great New Years !!!

Thanks Sniper....I have used HOB before and I like them because of the easy maintenance and much less expensive....I have had issues in the past with cannister filters leaking and spilling all over the place when cleaning them.

Though I have a sump, skimmer, UV sterilizer, and a 1.5 per gallon of LR, I still have a small HOB filter that I used in my old freshwater tanks. I like the idea of keeping my water moving through carbon to remove nasty things. I'll probably never let go of it even though I'll eventually adding a refridgerum ontop of everything I have. Might be overkill, but it not only makes me feel better about my tank while I'm gone, my water is pristine.

Back
Top Bottom