3G Nano Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badfishofbabylon

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just started it, here's a few pics and its a 2G not a 3G

Attachments

• image-639250054.jpg
    image-639250054.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 684
It's fluval desktop 7.25" x 9.25" x10"
And I changed the little led light with coral life 10 watt 50/50 bulb and desk lamp.

Right now I have about 2 lbs. Of live rock, 4 hermits, 4 snails, a sexy shrimp, some green star polyps , 2 mushrooms and some zoanthus polyps.

I am thinking about a porcelain crab for the next addition to it, but not for a few weeks

do you think that light is going to be enough to sustain corals? if i had to guess, i'd think you need more.
you could put a green clown goby in there. that would be a good fish for a tank of that size.

I wasn't sure either if it was going to be enough light, be everything seems to be doing good. I haven't put in anything too light demanding yet. It's going to be a slow process because I could overload it so easily so far it's been worth it. I was actually thinking about a clown goby or some other small goby, may be a twin spot. I would like to get a mandarin but I don't think I will have enough pods in the tank for it to eat. Or if it will get too big for the tank, I have seen a few "big" mandarins before. Any suggestions about this please let me know.

do you think that light is going to be enough to sustain corals? if i had to guess, i'd think you need more.
you could put a green clown goby in there. that would be a good fish for a tank of that size.

10w for 2G? im trying to learn this lighting deal and i thought that would be fine for lowlight corals

Yeah all I did was change the light and add a heater. I do a water changer every 2 days or so. A lot of people said it would work because it was too small but I tried it anyways and its working out great. And the tank only cost $45, heater was about 15 and the light is just a desk lap and a 10w 50/50 build with was like 20 all together. So the whole tank cost like 80. Great deal!

10w for 2G? im trying to learn this lighting deal and i thought that would be fine for lowlight corals
i'd be willing to bet those zoas will turn solid brown in a short time under that light.
it's not just watts per gallon that need to be considered, it's efficiency.
this is why T5s are nothing special, unless they are individually reflected. then they can sustain sps. also, how a quality T5 ho setup can put more PAR in the tank than a CF fixture that's twice the wattage.

how much PAR do you think that 10 watt bulb puts out?

i would definitely skip the mandarin for that tank. it would surely starve to death. even if you put a bottle of pods a day in the tank, you would end up losing it. you definitely need to find a fish that eats prepared foods. if you can get your hands on a mandarin that does so, you are in business!

I was worried they might myself but so far everything is doing good, the green star polyps and mushroom get bigger everyday and the zoan looks better than the day I put it in. So hopefully thing keep going good.

Badfishofbabylon said:
I was worried they might myself but so far everything is doing good, the green star polyps and mushroom get bigger everyday and the zoan looks better than the day I put it in. So hopefully thing keep going good.

Here is a pic of the mushroom it looks like it's doing ok and one of the sexy shrimp and some green star polyps

New pics. The tank is doing awesome everything looks great just added a porcelain crab and another mushroom because the first one is doing so good

Attachments

• image-2479767332.jpg
    image-2479767332.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 342
corals getting visibly bigger each day is not necessarily growth. more likely it's expanding to try to capture more light.
are the green star polyps still green?

Back
Top Bottom