3G Nano Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks X. hopefully it doesn't rust I put 3 coats of black enamel and a coat of clear gloss, so it should last for a while

Very nice nano, i don't have the guts to attempt a nano reef. It seems like it would be hard to keep stable water parameters.

I was worried about that too, but if you just stay on top of it its not too bad. Water changes are a breeze, I do them with a Solo-cup once every 2 or 3 days. You just need to do some research, as you can see in the pics all of the corals are fairly hardy, non-aggressive, low light, low flow demanding and I have no fish. If I had some Acropora and a Mandarin the tank would be a disaster. Moral of the story is research everthing you put in your tank and nanos are not as hard as you think, IMO.

Hey tanks look great! love the rock work in the second one. I think i can identify the "green" mushroom in the first tank. Looks like a St Thomas Bubble Mushroom to me, like the one in this link near the bottom
Mushroom Corals : Aquatic Connection Live

[SIZE=+1]Kinda hard to tell but might be. What do you think? I have one in my nano, its pretty awesome
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]

Hey tanks look great! love the rock work in the second one. I think i can identify the "green" mushroom in the first tank. Looks like a St Thomas Bubble Mushroom to me, like the one in this link near the bottom
Mushroom Corals : Aquatic Connection Live
[SIZE=+1]Kinda hard to tell but might be. What do you think? I have one in my nano, its pretty awesome
[/SIZE]

I wan't too sure what type of mushroom it was either, but that looks like thats what it is. Thanks for the INFO!

Good looking out X, I am going to look in to getting some of this. I bet it make it easier to clean the creep off too.

This shrump is fearless!

Attachments

• image-2536177323.jpg
    image-2536177323.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 148
  • image-217504781.jpg
    image-217504781.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 163
So now I'm fighting a battel with flat worms in this tank. I used Flatworm exit and got alot of them but not all and I know that they release toxins when they do too. The next day my emerald crab died. Everything else is fine but in this small of a tank i really dont want to do that again. So now my wife tries to suck them out with an eye dropper to control their number but i think its a losing battle, I think in a week or so I may have to dose it again.

my treatment for flatworms (which is not for everyon) feed them to force them to breed let them overpopulate the tank do not remove them at all. Eventually they will echaust thier available food sources. After the population explodes your tank will look nasty thats when you start sucking the little guys out. I used a rigid piece of 1/4" tubing atached to some flexible tubing and vacuumed em all out then I did a massive water change. It worked for me with out chemicals.

Taste the Rainbow!!! It's growing in good now, it's getting hard to tell where one shroom stops and the other begins

Attachments

• image-620663786.jpg
    image-620663786.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 115
Not too long before it's all grown in!

Gonna look awesome! Those are some very interesting shrooms too!

Back
Top Bottom