4 ft Tank to be restarted.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattrox

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am restarting my 326L (80 gal) tank. I am going to put Angels in it. I think I will start with 10 or 12 small ones. Is that too many? Eventually I'll have other fish in it but I just want to start slowly.

I will run a fluval 404 filter. I have a 300 W heater. I have enough lighting to run a low light planted tank. The set up is in my photo gallery.

I have already cycled filter media, yay. The tank is filling right now.

I'll put in other South American fish. Any suggestions for tank mates, I think I have already made up my mind, but would be interested in input.

I would say that you would be able to keep about six full grown adults. Starting off with 10 - 12 juvies sounds about right because you're sure to lose a few along the way to attrition, and you want a good number to ensure you'll get some to pair off.

As for tankmates, I suggest any large bodied tetra except serpaes (too nippy). Obviously, neons are out unless you are into feeding your fish expensive snacks. :) Dwarf plecs and corys would be my first choice for bottomdwellers.

Are you going to replant this tank?

I love my Angels and actually wish I could fit more into the 55. :) You can keep Serpae's, you just have to keep them in a larger school. Mine don't bug the angels at all and they add a nice color to the tank. Possibly Rummies or GBR?

I will plant the tank. But I am going to do things slowly, a little at a time. I think Cardinals will be included. I'll have some cory cats. It'll inevitably end up looking like the tank in the picture gallery LOL because I had that set up the way I liked before it was wiped out in a heat wave.

Hey Mattrox. Good to see you again. What? No more discus?

We are in the middle of a drought with water restrictions in place. I couldn't in good consience start up a discus setup and maintaintain the pwc's required to keep the fish healthy and growing fast. I hope to get back into discus but it might be sometime yet.

Now have pics!

I ended up with 10 youngsters. Here is a pic of 3 of them. Quite representative of the group, I think. I got 2 of the blushing, some of them have partial stripes, 2 have the normal stripes, and a couple with no colouration as in the pic.

This is what my G.F. wrote.......

I think that your fish are ugly and boring get some big ones, and get some colour in your tank, im sure your fish would like some plants tooooooooo...................LOL Sammie xxxx

She really wants some colour in the tank. What S.A. Cichlids would go with angels and have colour? I will get some Rams..... See, I like festivums and Keyholes, but they don't meet the colour criteria. I'll get cardinals, but might have to break ranks so to speak and get some clown loaches??

Attachments

• new_angels_mar_2007_174.jpg
    new_angels_mar_2007_174.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom