4 gallon planted start-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, that's a bummer. Would the Gudgeon do well in my tank with the frog and shrimp? If I have the choice, I'll probably keep the Gudgeon and set up a little betta tank for the bully.

Me too! I was so excited when I found the betta coccina at the lfs years ago, I ended up planning a 20 long Asian around it :)

He's not a bully, he's a Betta. The Gudgeon looks too much like another Betta.

Try to at least give the betta 3 gallons or more

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hmm, that's a bummer. Would the Gudgeon do well in my tank with the frog and shrimp? If I have the choice, I'll probably keep the Gudgeon and set up a little betta tank for the bully.

Never tried that arrangement. For peacocks to mate they need 80 to 82 degree water. 78 is an acceptable non spawning temp though. They are not fast swimmers so make sure they do not get left behind when feeding time comes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's why I ordered the nag hang-on diffuser I posted a pic of.

Won't work like you think. ...i tried it.... no go. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It won't maintain a steady bubble count, you have to adjust it every hour..

It won't maintain a steady bubble count, you have to adjust it every hour..

Dang, I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it works. But at the same time, I'm not expecting an amazing co2 system for $25.

Dang, I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it works. But at the same time, I'm not expecting an amazing co2 system for $25.

It's meant to fill up the ladder that comes with it, this dissolves it into the tank i guess??

Update: since I've gotten my light/co2 kit, the plants have been doing amazing. The DHG is going insane and I started a little glosso carpet. The crypts in the back are finally done melting and are growing nicely; the water wisteria and Cambomba are looking nice and the nana petite was close to melting away but now has some nice new growths. The co2 system is running very well especially considering it was only $25 and the light is probably putting some really high PAR considering it's less than 10" deep. Here are some pics (please excuse the dirty glass)

Tank looks REALLY nice! Keep us updated... co2 and a good light source really works wonders.

Back
Top Bottom