40 breeder or 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 40b and really like it. The extra width is very nice to have when you rock scape.

don't go by price go by what you like. in my opinion, if you are on a very limited budget, it will be very difficult to keep a reef. you must have some start up money. and do it right. just one quick advise from experience you will always want a bigger tank so go as big as you can!

Remember that most of the fish in the store require a 6' tank.

don't go by price go by what you like. in my opinion, if you are on a very limited budget, it will be very difficult to keep a reef. you must have some start up money. and do it right. just one quick advise from experience you will always want a bigger tank so go as big as you can!

Remember that most of the fish in the store require a 6' tank.

I have the money but im using to start up my breeding for freshwater. I have a150g im going to breeding wild caught festae in. I have a 55 already that i can use but not a 40. But the lighting is a bit cheeper and i wouldnt want to go bigger with saltwater because that is a little bit to much work for me at the moment (15 yrs old) with all the other tanks i have setup at the moment

Just trying to help...
are you planing to add a sump? skimmer?
if so then what i would do is set up a 55g and add a 29gal breeder for the sump to give me lots of options with skimmers, plants, mud, equipment and ect...

Yep. I have a 20 long i was going to use as a sump. I am going to get a skimmer too. The only fish i want are either a dwarf fuzzy lionfish or a flame angel. And some shrimp/crabs etc and one goby of some sort

i hate a love/hate relationship with shrimps... they are gorgeous to look at but...
just a heads up: shrimp will steal food from the corals and will drive you crazy when you decide to feed your corals. just keep that in mind. i wish i knew that before adding my shrimp :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom