40 Breeder set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zecolmeia

Aquarium Advice Regular
20121012_201521.jpg This here is my new setup up for a African cichlid tank. I set it up last night and ran the filter all night. Water looks a little cloudy and tons of air bubbles on glass and in sand. Can I start cycling or do I want to wait for everything to settle before I start?

Zecolmeia said:
This here is my new setup up for a African cichlid tank. I set it up last night and ran the filter all night. Water looks a little cloudy and tons of air bubbles on glass and in sand. Can I start cycling or do I want to wait for everything to settle before I start?

Start your cycle... Which method are you using? Fish in or out? What type of filtration are you running?

Aquaclear110 and a fishless cycle. Will the water cear up and airbubbles go away on its own?

Zecolmeia said:
What about seeding material or liquid to jumpstart?

Of course. You can "seed" your filter with some media from a well established tank. That will definitely speed things up. I can't speak or the chemicals as I've not used them.

Some say it helps others say its a waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom