40gal Breeder Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you fish wrangler for all your help! I'll do my research once in done with this next update. So today the 20lbs of seiryu stone arrived with this sticker...it won't let me upload pictures

WHAT DO I DO IF IT EXCEEDS THE PICTURE DATA

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay finally! So I got home today and saw the big notice of shipping damage to the seiryu stone. But after un boxing them, there wasn't a single broken piece. I laid down a dozen or so, dynamite tabs before I started with the Amazonia. The finished product makes me happy, but I really am caught between fences with the size of the driftwood. Any suggestions or does it look good:)?

Yea it's too cold outside so I painted the tank in my tub??

It's beautiful! I love the line flow between the driftwood and stone. Are you really unsure about it? Looks brilliant!

I'm just worried that the driftwood is too overpowering for the size of the tank. I'm looking to get the canister filter and heater next

Do you think I gave them enough room-the taller plants for the back of the tank? I feel as if the valley overcrowded room for taller broader plants

Oh I know right, what an odd postal message when everything was fine?

So here's my $150 worth of Ada Amazonia?. I buckled down to do this entire thing the right way. I'm waiting on the seiryu stone to arrive later this week.

Next question,
Should I or should I not paint the back of he tank black?View attachment 280880View attachment 280881

I painted the back of my 40b black but the frosted look with accent lighting is awesome...like Fresh said the eheim skim 350 is a great little skimmer which I also use in the 40b & the 20L...

sit in silence...

Do you think I gave them enough room-the taller plants for the back of the tank? I feel as if the valley overcrowded room for taller broader plants

There should be room for 1-2 staggered rows of stem plants.

Oh I know right, what an odd postal message when everything was fine?

Was it the package with the stones? Maybe they heard them knocking against each other and thought that ceramic replica of Darth Vadar's head was smashed to bits.

The surface area just looks super small for the foreground plants
http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/b...3-4E8F-ABC4-B578B70D3C04_zpsc95visav.jpg.html

That looks like plenty of room for foreground plants and open non-planted areas.
Do you have a potential plant list (I did not scroll up)? This is a great setup.

Thank you everyone all the input is really helpful and insightful. I moved the lower row of rocks up to create room that doubles what is seen in the photo but still leaves the valley intact. I plan on getting the skimmer too to remove that layer of filament on the top. As far as plants :/ I'm at a crossroads, I haven't looked into it much. I used to have such a good idea as to what I would do, but for right now I'm thinking of doing a DSM to start the dwarf baby tears "lawn". Then for the foreground, all I have is rotalA Wallachi. Any input would be great as far as the vegetation, I'm going to look into it more over the weekend.

?I was so worried fresh20 then, I opened he package and it was fine. I put about a dozen dynamite tabs in the Amazonia. Would that be sufficient with the volume of water? Oh and would fissidens or Christmas miss be best to slightly cover the stump? I was also thinking Anubis nana petite around the sides of the stump to hopefully get the roots to flow down the rocky hill

I've not used ADA substrates before but I would think they are quite packed with nutrients out of the box (someone please correct me). I usually add root supplements after I've planted (more of a targeted approach).
Can't comment on the DSM; never tried it but have seen great results from that type of setup.
I've used Rotala wallichii as a background plant in a shallower (20 long) but never had long term success with it. You have a lot of stem plants to choose from and many generous sources here at AA.
Lots of examples of planting schemes with color and texture pairings and contrasts from AA planted build threads. That's where I get my inspiration.
For the DW, maybe clump of moss on top and anubias on the side.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448243472.987315.jpgwhat do you guys think about my rescape on my 55 gallon!! Just changed everything so a little cloudy

Back
Top Bottom