45 gal Stocking Suggestions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drea

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

Currently have a well-established 45 gal tank with 6 white skirt tetras, 2 black mollies & 2 dalmatian mollies. My stocking calculator from a similar site says I have plenty of filtration as well as room, so I'm looking for ideas for some new fish. I want to add fish that will get along well with everyone & add variety.

Thanks!

You could go with a school of 6-10 cardinal or rummy nose tetras to add some red and a same size school of lemon tetras for some yellow and a different body shape from the above tetras and the white skirts. For something with a little size you could add one angel or a pearl or sunset gourami. Then 6 panda cory cats for the bottom.

I would add;

12 Cardinal
2 Orange Chromide
2 Bolivian Ram
6 Platys
6 Bronze Cory

Make sure you keep the aquarium salt topped up.

Nice colours to add to your tank, everyone will get along and you'll get nice shoals with some personality.

Fishy Smell said:
I would add;

12 Cardinal
2 Orange Chromide
2 Bolivian Ram
6 Platys
6 Bronze Cory

Make sure you keep the aquarium salt topped up.

Nice colours to add to your tank, everyone will get along and you'll get nice shoals with some personality.

Salt with corys!!! Deffinate no no my friend!

...joey... said:
Salt with corys!!! Deffinate no no my friend!

Well i do and they are absolutely fine. Adding aquarium salt has dropped my fish mortality rate quite a lot. Been doing it for months. Obviously you don't put loads in, but should have some.

Fishy Smell said:
Well i do and they are absolutely fine. Adding aquarium salt has dropped my fish mortality rate quite a lot. Been doing it for months. Obviously you don't put loads in, but should have some.

Wow sounds like you know what your doing "dropped" your mortality rate if you knew what you wer doing you shouldn't even have a mortality rate! Seriously I would research every angle of your tank and what your doing with it before doing anything else!

I agree salt is really bad for cories and will eventually become a problem. If you knew what you were doing you wouldn't have added salt with cories in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom