46 gal Bow front reef tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sambosd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Started this tank last June. Thriving but exploding with aptasia FML. Tried aphasia x only to have them come back in three's.

I would see if you can find Joe's Juice. The key to useing those aptasia meds is you have to get the stuff right down in the mouth to really kill them. If there is a little hole that they draw down into try and put a good helping of the stuff right down in the hole. aptasia can be suprisingly difficult to get rid of.

I have aptasia for years, only takes 1 bad rock or a frag from the LFS.
Clean them out is almost impossible, Berghia Nudibranch, Peppermint Shrimp and Copperband Butterfly are the natural way to control them.Non of this worked for me, couldn't by Nudibranchanywhere locally, shrimps got eaten by Trigger fish, Butterfly strawed to death since he was a picky eater.

I stop buying Aptaisa-X, since it will only kill the one successfully injected with it. Kalkwasser seems to me work fine, use small dose at a time, also I use RO water to mix Kalk.
Cleaning your tank out probably will take months, have to be proactive and get the mix ready as soon as you spot one, don't wait for 2-3 or 10.

Good luck.

I also heard you can use Lemon Juice. That small of a tank you have to be sure not to over dose! Good Luck

I had one once. I got a diabetic needle and dosed him really good with 1mL of white vinegar. I would only a couple at a time though bc it will affect your parameters. You will know they are dead if they turn white in a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom