5 Gallon Sexy Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterNuB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just set up my pico nano. It's a Marineland eclipse with built in light and filter. I'm getting a mini heater this weekend. I added 7lbs of dry sand, 5lbs of l/r and 5 gallons of h2o from my dt. Do I need to cycle?

It's on it's way! I'm so excited and bummed at the same time. Tom Petty said it best, "The waiting is the hardest part..." Although I'm sure he was referring to something else.

Lol! Yup, I'm going to get a 15w 50/50 bulb this weekend and a heater. Also might throw in a couple more lbs of rock. Hopefully throw in a neon goby in a couple weeks

26W Blue White Energy Saving Coral Plant Refugium Bulb For Finnex Finnex / Aquatic Nature-
Will this light bulb work in my tank

26W Blue White Energy Saving Coral Plant Refugium Bulb For Finnex Finnex / Aquatic Nature-
Will this light bulb work in my tank

I have no idea. You should send Mr. X a PM. He helped me choose mine. I'm currently doing a 10g reef and bought a much larger light than I need however my plan is to move it onto a larger tank when I get the hang of doing SW. I know you need to have a light that will give the appropriate PAR, 380-500 for soft corals I believe. Check out this thread, its lengthy but there's some great info. My to and fro with Mr.X is on the last few pages and you can find a link to the light I bought. TaoTronics with a dimmer. Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer. Here's the link:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f11/lighting-your-reef-best-bang-for-your-buck-239661.html

Just did my first water test and all is great! Kh is high but I'll do another 2g water change this week and hopefully add a fish this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom