5 Gallon Tank Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gawang

Aquarium Advice Activist
As I am now at college. I am planning on setting up a 5 gallon micro-planted tank for my desk. I'd like to do a canister filter or a submersible filter. What sorts of filters would you recommend? I'd like to get one rated for at least 25 gallons if not more so long as increased flow would not be a problem.

i honestly think an HOB would be the easiest way to go because i think a canister would be way overkill and a submersible would take up too much room. That is just my opinion though!

hob ac 20 sounds nice enough

edit:: theres the zoomed nano canister filter rated for 2-10 gallons.

i honestly think an HOB would be the easiest way to go because i think a canister would be way overkill and a submersible would take up too much room. That is just my opinion though!
I was actually going for overkill. I didn't really like the idea of submersible and I'd like to have the filter outside of the tank instead of in it or hanging on it. I'm planning on a pair of Brevis Shelldwellers in a small tank, and I'd like to afford them with good filtration.

Back
Top Bottom