50 gal Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tater

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 50 gal saltwater tank, 30 x 19 20'' tall. Seems to be a wierd size because I can only find one light that can fit it, and it is only a 130 watt light. I'm looking to get more wattage, but looking around I can't find lights more powerful that would fit the tank. Right now we have a 30'' Orbit.

Any ideas/suggestions on what I could do to get more light?

Thanks guys.

I have Outer Orbits 36" 150W HQI, 2 96W PCs fixture for my 50. Comes to 342 watts total. HTH

type in "metal halide pendant" in google and you will get a ton of responses on places to see this. Also, check with the Aquarium Advice Sponsors, I am sure they would love to help you.

Tater, i have the same tank and was pissed after i figured out the lighting. Right now i have the PC you are talking about, 130Watt Coralife Lunar. I currently have yellow polyps, zoos, GSP's and Xenia, pretty much all the lower light corals. I will eventually add another fixture when i get the funds. You can also look into a retrofit kit, if you build a canopy, or else i would go with the MH Pendent, which is probably your best decision.

Back
Top Bottom