50L stocking list.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banana mouse

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm setting up my 50L tropical tank any suggestions on what fish I should get? I was thinking of having 6 cardinal and that's it. Would this work? (I'm afraid I can't give you the measurements as the tank is still in the shed.)
Cheers

That's about just over 12 imperial gallons. I would do
6 cardinal tetra
6 Pygmy Cories
1 dwarf Gourami

So 6 cardinal tetras wouldn't be fully stocked? Even if I have room for more I wouldn't really want more to be honest.
I can't really make my mind of the 6 tetras or 2 keyhole cichlids if I leave the tetras and get the keyholes would the cichlids be able to live in the tank?

Banana mouse said:
So 6 cardinal tetras wouldn't be fully stocked? Even if I have room for more I wouldn't really want more to be honest.
I can't really make my mind of the 6 tetras or 2 keyhole cichlids if I leave the tetras and get the keyholes would the cichlids be able to live in the tank?

I don't think keyholes could live in a 50l tank. Thats about 12g so that's why id say no. You could add 2 more tetras but no more than that.

Oh I thought you meant I could have all of them fish (the tetras, cories...)
I'll got for 6 tetras and that's it.

Okay fair enough I really like them but I don't want to force 2 keyholes into a tank where they can't swims properly.
Thanks

Oh no! You can have the Cories, tetra and Gouramis I was just saying don't add the keyholes! Sorry for the confusion.

Oh okay :) I'm still going to stick with 6 cardinal tetras, even tho I can have cories and Gouramis. I want the tank very lightly stocked- I just think its good policy with small sensitive fish. Na don't worry I wast that confused :p

Back
Top Bottom