55 gal new tank for goldies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemamauggly

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've started saving to buy my next tank. I want to have a 55 with one oranda and possibly one or two more fancies. Not quite sure but I definitely want an oranda. What type and gow.much filtration should I look at getting. I've never kept these fish before so really any kind of input or advice is welcomed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would skip the fancy gold fish and go with 3 orandas. I would suggest using a canister rated for a 120 gal and a small HOB as well.

Why only the orandas?

The Orandas don't get as large as some of the fancys and seem to burn a lot less fuel than others as well. Mixing orandas with fancy goldfish leave the oranda at a complete disadvantage when feeding, just like fancys and comets. So just orandas gives everyone a fair shot at the chow.

Well really I want the variety that comes with goldfish so I'm willing to skip the oranda all together if it means more variety

Well really I want the variety that comes with goldfish so I'm willing to skip the oranda all together if it means more variety

Here is a nice listing of goldfish varieties with pics and descriptions. Check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Orandas are perfectly fine with other fancies and they won't be at any disadvantage at feeding time. They also can, in fact, get quite large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom