55 gallon big fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well shoot then how about a 5 gallon would that work for breeding haha Ill have to get one from my grandma but It'd end up in my brothers room haha

5 gallon would work but you wouldn't get many fry or you would have bad water quality or you would have to have a really good filter with lots of water changes to get fry. You could still get some, but to get a whole lot 5 isn't really enough.

What should I do then because I can't use my 40 or my 50 and the only other tanks I have are like 1-2gallons which I know is not enough and brothers ten gallon has a predator and a golden dojo with a gold fish I'm so torn

What should I do then because I can't use my 40 or my 50 and the only other tanks I have are like 1-2gallons which I know is not enough and brothers ten gallon has a predator and a golden dojo with a gold fish I'm so torn

You can get a small swimming pool I from wally world or a pet store for like 5 to 10 bucks. Slap a filter and heater on it outside or in a spare room or on the roof or wherever and throw 3 female and 1 male guppy in and provide adequate hiding for fry and your done

You can get a small swimming pool I from wally world or a pet store for like 5 to 10 bucks. Slap a filter and heater on it outside or in a spare room or on the roof or wherever and throw 3 female and 1 male guppy in and provide adequate hiding for fry and your done

Yes!! Haha then you'd have enough breeders for ever hahah

Yeah I can't do that guys haha I wish I could I'm 16 remember??? I live with my mom step dad and 4 little siblings there's absolutely no room anywhere I can't put it outside I have dogs

Yeah I can't do that guys haha I wish I could I'm 16 remember??? I live with my mom step dad and 4 little siblings there's absolutely no room anywhere I can't put it outside I have dogs

Even if your dogs eat half the fish every week you'll still have enough!

JK, but seriously, the breed fast! :D

Roof maybe? These pools im talking about are only 5ft diameter surely there is that much space outside or somewhere?

So wait I have 5 gallon buckets no that won't work ummmm I'm trying to think of something good I can use oh how about those big storage totes would that work

So wait I have 5 gallon buckets no that won't work ummmm I'm trying to think of something good I can use oh how about those big storage totes would that work

Yes as long as they arent hard flimsy plastic because the water will cause them to break

Never mind I live up in Indiana so I can't put it outside and I have nowhere else my mom will let me put them

Never mind again hahahaha I can put them in my basement but do they really need a filter going like what if I put a Pleco in it to clean the bottom and everything

Never mind again hahahaha I can put them in my basement but do they really need a filter going like what if I put a Pleco in it to clean the bottom and everything

Really? Plecos cause more waste then clean. Very bad idea. They dont clean water quality. If you dont run a filter put a bubbler in for surface agitation. Then you will need to change the water atleast 1 time a week. All the water

Ok does it need a heater because it might in my basement it's kind of cold or a light

Awh crap haha I'm going to have to buy a bunch of stuff shoot I'm trying to convince my mom to let me keep it in my room because my room is the warmest in the house due to have two fish tanks haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom