55 Gallon Rainbowfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can really keep just about anything with them. They are a very hardy sturdy fish. I keep my praecox rainbows with harlequin rasbora, angels, and synodontis petricola.

I've got praecox in mine. Tank mates include a pearl gourami, platys and neon and lemon tetras.

That sounds good. Do they have large mouths? Just wondering if she could get away with shrimp in the tank with them.

Not excessively large. But the have narrow throats. Yes, shrimp are safe.

Shrimp are relatively safe. I saw my biggest rainbow try to eat one of mine and he couldn't swallow it. Just swam around a bit with a shrimp sticking out of its mouth before spitting it out.

RCS? My Amanos are far too big for rainbow mouths. Having said that, pretty sure my Praecox are still juvenile.

I love my turquoise rainbows. You can get wide color variations in the same species ( I've had ones that were an emerald green and ones that were a dark blue to almost black and everything in between)

So, after getting my sisters tank all set up with rainbows, she bought a couple of blood parrots?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have boesemanis and they did show some aggression toward other fish, but it was due to a territory and sex ratio issue. They haven't bothered any other fish since it was sorted out. I kept them with silver dollars, tetras, harlequin raspboras, swordtails, cories, and angelfish at different points in time.

Back
Top Bottom