55 Gallon stock list help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Louisianafishguy

Aquarium Advice Regular
My *UPDATED* proposed stock list:

10 - Dwarf Gourami
5 - Albino Cory
5 - Black Kuhlii
1 - Albino Bristlenose Plecos
2 - African Dwarf Frogs
5 - Nerite Snails

Suggestions or comments???

The tank is a 55 gallon and will be planted.

Frogs will be eaten. Seems like a lot of bottom dwellers. How about
1 albino pleco
5-8 cories OR 5 kuhli loaches
Reason for that is territorial issues

Everything I read says that the bottom dwellers I chose are non-territorial and will get along fine. Also why do you say the frogs will be eaten?? Haven't read of any of the listed fish being a danger to the frogs.

There isn't an updated list... lol. But keeping 10 dwarf gourami IMO is a very bad idea. In the beginning there is usually little problem with multiples but as they mature and become comfortable in the tank aggression almost always starts without fail especially with the males. This can cause injury and stress related problems. I keep 2 dwarf gourami and one honey gourami in a 220g heavily planted tank and the 2 dwarf gourami males still get aggressive with each other every now and then.

In a 55g you could do 2 angelfish to showcase your tank, and maybe "try" 2 DG if your set on multiples. The angels also give you a different body shape from the gourami's, then I'd do a school of something like Cardinal, Rummynose, or Lemon tetras.

Back
Top Bottom