55 gallon stock possibilities?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone! Just wondering if you could help me out a bit.

I kinda gave up on my idea of making my nearly-empty tank a eel tank, so I thought I'd check with everyone here on their opinions on what I should put in this tank.

The only inhabitants are a small clown loach and a super sized pleco, but the only inhabitant that has to stay is the pleco, he's too big to be moved.

So, suggest away! Only a few things I would like to ask that you consider when you suggest fish to me:

1. I would highly enjoy a species (Or family)-only tank, (E.G. African Cichlid tank, pike tank, carnivore tank)

2. I would prefer their eating habits to not be too eccentric, special order foods are not preferred. If need be, I can possibly get feeders, but no special varied diets like for eels.

3. The less sensitive the fish, the better. I don't really want to deal with a fish that needs perfect water, and could die on me at any moment.

4. If they can coexist with one another, I would really like it. ( This means I don't want a stupid Oscar hogging the whole tank, no monster fish that can't have any tankmates)

I would like this tank to be a step up from dumb, boring community tanks with platies, neons, angel, and the like. I want this tank to be awesomeness, lol.

Thank you!

Both the Pleco and the Clown Loach will grow too big for a 55G

Both the Pleco and the Clown Loach will grow too big for a 55G
Good sir (Or ma'am), I really don't have a place for the pleco to go. I was always planning to sell the Clown loach back to the pet store when he gets too big, a big one will fetch a high price.

The pleco is a different story. He's from a friend, and I just said I could give him a bigger home. If anything, you should be glad he's living with me in a 55 gallon, clean tank, instead of a hellishly dirty, underfiltered, overstocked, cloudy 20 gallon tank that was inadequate for even guppies to live in.

So, on that note, just sayin' I don't have a place for the pleco to go. If you could give me some stocking ideas for this tank, that'd be great!

Thanks!

You could sell the pleco to the store???? Why not? And as for stock, you could do
1 anglefish
2 Bolivian rams
10 cardinal tetras
6 Cory catfish
10 rumynose tetras

You could sell the pleco to the store???? Why not? And as for stock, you could do
1 anglefish
2 Bolivian rams
10 cardinal tetras
6 Cory catfish
10 rumynose tetras
I could sell him to the store, but the LFS owner doesn't like people giving him plecos, they are just not selling well.

I'm freaked out to move this pleco. This guy is huge. It freaked me out half to death to move him, he jumped out of the net actually. Just don't wanna mess with him.

I like the stock idea, wondering if there are any fish that could be a big bigger? I'm a teen, so my philosophy is the bigger, the better.

Thank you!

If you want a generally bigger stock,

5 yoyo loaches
6 black ruby barbs
1 anglefish
10 Congo tetras(not sure about them, or many species of rainbow fish would work)

If you want a generally bigger stock,

5 yoyo loaches
6 black ruby barbs
1 anglefish
10 Congo tetras(not sure about them, or many species of rainbow fish would work)

I can say from experience you will not regret the black ruby barbs! I have 12 in my 55 and they add so much to my tank. I got mine as juveniles and they look like tiger barbs at first (they don't nip or have a tiger barbs attitude is the best part!) but they turn a lovely deep red, I love mine to pieces! They are so active, today is the first day I've actually seen them slow down since I've got them two weeks ago, and their still the lost active inhabitants in the tank!

Back
Top Bottom