55 gallon stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeremyblevins

Aquarium Advice Freak
i currently have 5 pearl gourami. not sure what fish i should start adding in a couple of weeks.

any suggestions? :)

well, there are so many options! are there any fish that you particularly like or any kinds or types of fish? there are probably thousands of options! let us know what kind of fish you like or what you are looking for out of your tank/fish (colorful, active, calm, unique, hardy, etc?)

i would not recommend adding an oscar in with pearl gouramis. oscars are best suited for species tanks.

well i like colorful fish and anything interesting. idt active will go though, wouldn't they spook the pearl's

Last edited:
those would be a nice addition. severum mama and HN1 have some for sale right on the forum (i believe they still have some left...) they are very pretty fish. a big school of cories would also be pretty cool. when in big groups they are quite playful. they do prefer sand substrate though. do you have a picture of your tank? it's nice to see the setting before choosing the inhabitants. :)

make it a gourami tank (gold gourami silver gourami snakeskin etc. there all nice looking ) and then just add bottom dwellers like corys or some nice loaches like kuhlis or sumthing small.

i think 5 is enough gourami they already chase each other when it's feeding time. i'm thinking i might get some pictus catfish, and some otos to help keep the tank clean, and maybe a school of small fish. what do you all think?

Back
Top Bottom