55 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zacharoo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have 9 mbuna along with a river species, species are as listed.
3 snow whites
3 yellow labs
1 ob zebra
1 jewel
1 kenyi female
1 johanni
All are young adults ranging from 3 inches to 4.25 inches.

I'm new the the forum so would like creative criticism. I was given the jewel as a gift from my LFS for being a new customer. I'm well aware of some people having problems with them.

I'm am sorry for using common names, but I'm at work on lunch break, so trying to type this as fast as I can.
I was curious if I'll be fine on adding any more mbuna in the tank. Not very much more. And I am welcomed to adding more of the same species I currently have.
I also have more then plenty of rock work, and plenty of filtration for the tank.
I'm also aware of the johanni, and kenyi being two of my more aggressive species.

I'm new too do and i don't know much, but it might help others if you list the size of you tank?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I can bump this one for you :)

Petsmart recommended 10 for my 60g do maybe you are good? Sorry but I'm new so can't really help.

I like your aquascaping!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm going to be picking another 60-70 pounds of Texas holey rock on the 26th,
Only a dollar per pound.
Thank you about the scape. I'm debating about getting more java fern. It's grown twice it's size since I got it. The fish don't bother it, besides maybe a few bites then they spit it back out.

That's a fun set up, I love snow whites, I used to breed Kenyi's too. Very nice. If it were mine I would think of adding a Hongi Island cichlid too.

I ended up have the my LFS Order two more johanni's, one male, and one female kenyi. To help with aggression later down the lane.
That suggestion is a beautiful fish too.
Only bad thing about the hobby is that you have to limit yourself with all the beauty's out there.

Back
Top Bottom