55g 'gradual' build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think my cycle may well be complete?

This is the test results today:

What's the best course of action moving forward?

looks it but you want to dose it today again and see if same results tomorrow. then do a couple 50% water changes or a 90% and get your nitrates to 20 or below and your good to go

nope normal dose if you started at 4PPM you should have been dosing half that after your ammonia first hit 0 so I would just dose what you dosed yesterday

Ok, once i have established ammonia is certainly going within 24hours should i dose to 1ppm whilst waiting to stock?

depends when you getting fish dose normally like you have been and stop dosing 24 hrs before you plan on stocking.

like if you going to store thursday dose it wed and it will be ready anytime thursday for you. however you need your water change the day you goi9ng to stock so you can get your nitrates to 20 ppm or below

Ok man, thanks for clearing that up - confident in knowing what to do moving forward now, i might get fish at the weekend all going well. :)

There be fishes!

I bought a few fish y'day and have added them to the tank, i wouldn't say it's stocked yet - it still looks so empty!

6 female guppys
2 male guppys
3 albino corys (making 6)
and i added my leopard high fine pleco.
2 Keyhole Cichlids M+F i belive

I don't know what possessed me to get guppys, they just looked cool in the tank, the cichlids we're from my brother, he had them in with barbs and they were getting a hard time..

Will test the water tonight to make all is well in my wet world :p

Haha, I know what you mean about guppies. I never understood why people keep them. Then I saw some green snake skins at my lfs. Boy are they are pretty

I have a couple, photos are a nightmare to get right i tell ya!

Pleccy is looking really well, his colour has became so much more vibrant.

Managed to get (a half decent) one of him and my pair of keyholes last night.

I'll try take a video tonight after work i think.

nice yes I try to take some pics and 1 or 2 out of every hundred are cood. these black skirt tetras of mine sit there pretty and as I snap they decide to move. I might try doing a video too never thought abt just doing a video of the fish lol

Love this fish.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1388442788531.jpg
    1388442788531.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 222
I'm quite fortunate with her i guess, she's out and about quite alot - i get the feeling she is enjoying any build up on the glass as a result of the fishless cycle.

lol mine are always out and about and i get to watch them but i dare not go near the tank. luckily my desk and computer is right next to the tank and if im sitting here they come to me but i cant reach to grab my camera as it scares them away lol i just have to watch . guess they camera shy

I've added some more fish, 2 golden gourami, 2 opaline gourami and 2 red dwarf gourami.

The shop accidently gave me 3 golden and 1 red dwarf, going to get this sorted on Thursday. I've tried to take some photos but they are terrible, wish they'd sit still :lol:

Back
Top Bottom