55g stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco11771

Aquarium Advice Freak
Dont have the tank nor am I sure I'll ever get one in the future since not many people want to trade their tanks. But right now I have 7 TBs, 4 Cory's, 1 Golden wonder killi and a blue crayfish. I had hoped someone would see have a 55g since my local petco doesn't have just the tanks and I don't want to spend $200 bucks when I have way to many small tanks. My question here is what else could I add if I put all these in a 55g? Btw the cray did not attack a single TB and the entire school was in a 10g with him for a week before I could move en so I trust him.

Pleco11771 said:
Dont have the tank nor am I sure I'll ever get one in the future since not many people want to trade their tanks. But right now I have 7 TBs, 4 Cory's, 1 Golden wonder killi and a blue crayfish. I had hoped someone would see have a 55g since my local petco doesn't have just the tanks and I don't want to spend $200 bucks when I have way to many small tanks. My question here is what else could I add if I put all these in a 55g? Btw the cray did not attack a single TB and the entire school was in a 10g with him for a week before I could move en so I trust him.

Questions:
What are the TBs?
What type of cory?

I have read mixed things with the blue crayfish, I wouldn't chance it.

I believe you would have enough room in the tank for some more fish as well!

Also check craigslist they have some great deals! (I got a 55 for $10, but I had to buy the stand and everything else but once again craigslist had some stuff for that as well!)

I already have thwart the tank would go on, and tbs are tiger barbs and I have albino ,bronze and julii cories

Ok thanks for the clear up! I wouldn't trust the blue crayfish with the cories. I have some peppered cories and panda cories and they are very skittish and IMO aren't very trusting of other fish.

If you didn't put in the blue crayfish, you could do another school of some fish, add some nice centerpiece fish, and up the schools of each of those cories to 5-6 each. The cories are from different species and so need their own kind.

Ok thanks for the clear up! I wouldn't trust the blue crayfish with the cories. I have some peppered cories and panda cories and they are very skittish and IMO aren't very trusting of other fish.

If you didn't put in the blue crayfish, you could do another school of some fish, add some nice centerpiece fish, and up the schools of each of those cories to 5-6 each. The cories are from different species and so need their own kind.

Ok thanks! Would Angela be a possibility in here as well?

For sure watch Craigslist I got a 55 gallon with stand gravel decorations and all chemicals and two bio wheel 350 for 200 great deals on there I also got a 95 g with stand for 120. Also I have a crawfish in a community tank with little gold barbs and cherry barbs also 6 TBs they get along great I've had em together for months. I'm not sure how he would act with Cory's but you never know cause my gold and cherry barbs are way smaller then corys

Pleco11771 said:
Ok thanks! Would Angela be a possibility in here as well?

I'm guessing that Angela means an angel fish;). I would be cautious about the angel due to the fact that tigers are known fin nippers. Give the tigers a nice BIG school and then carefully add the angel, watch for nipping and fin damage. Worst case scenario you return the angel to the store a little nipped.

I would deff watch the angel thats why I haven't got one cause I'm worried about the tiger barbs there pretty aggresive

Red tail shark are awesome and they get about 6 or 7 in but they do hide a little

Ok thanks, and if I don't end up doing this I was thinking of making my cray tank into a sorority when I move the TBs but not sure about my whisper 20 s current? And how many bettas? And also if I don't end up with a 55g anything you would add to my 20H with 1 golden wonder killi and 4 cories?

Pleco11771 said:
Ok thanks, and if I don't end up doing this I was thinking of making my cray tank into a sorority when I move the TBs but not sure about my whisper 20 s current? And how many bettas? And also if I don't end up with a 55g anything you would add to my 20H with 1 golden wonder killi and 4 cories?

What size tank is the Cray in? Betta sororities are very picky so watch out! For you 20H I would add one school in it. Currently I'm in love with harlequin rasboras or colorful guppies or endlers livebearers.

Well now that I think of it, the cray is in a 10 gallon with about 2 inches of water from the brim. Instead of making the 10 gallon into a sorority I could just make the 20 into one! It's got 5 cories and a killi...idk what I'd do with the killi since he looks just like a F betta....maybe a small school with the cray to have some sort of movement in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom