55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbaygurl78745

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Was givin this tank n stand free wooo.. i wanna do a sand bottom but petsmart prices r a lil high were can i get sand from cheaper?

ForumRunner_20120826_210759.jpg

If you want white sand go to your local pool store and get some pool filter sand. If you want black go to tractor supply and get some blasting sand. Make sure you rinse each really well though. They will be about $8 for a 50lb bag

jackwagon said:
If you want white sand go to your local pool store and get some pool filter sand. If you want black go to tractor supply and get some blasting sand. Make sure you rinse each really well though. They will be about $8 for a 50lb bag

Thank you you just saved me about 65$ im going with black :)

Jbaygurl78745 said:
Thank you you just saved me about 65$ im going with black :)

Your welcome :). Just make sure you rinse it until the water runs mostly clear, it will take some time.

I washed it great it wasnt that bad (bag said washed) but i still washed super good. Got it in tank and filled filter running going to get decor fri wooooo lol.. i started dose of ammonia im excited. I have a 150but it dnt seem to be cycling r jute gunna get that a canister filter this weekend.. i get excited with all new tanks lol

Back
Top Bottom