56gal column tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ammo is at 4ppm
Trites/trates still 0

We'll see how looks in the morning.

Fishobsessed7

I have a 150 watt Aqueon Submersible heater in my 29 gallon. It goes up to 88 degrees which is nice if you have to heat treat for a disease.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got a heater. The fishnets cycle turned fish-in because the store near me doesn't stock fish in the winter and we were in a town about an hour away so I decided to pick up 5 harlequins.

Ammo 1ppm
Trite .5ppm
Trate 5ppm

Fishobsessed7

I have a 150 watt Aqueon Submersible heater in my 29 gallon. It goes up to 88 degrees which is nice if you have to heat treat for a disease.

Ok that's what I got! Can the dial where you adjust the temp go underwater?

Fishobsessed7

Yea, I have mine sitting horizontal about an inch above the substrate. Keeps it hidden, and the cord is tucked into the corner so you don't really see it :)

Yea, I have mine sitting horizontal about an inch above the substrate. Keeps it hidden, and the cord is tucked into the corner so you don't really see it :)

Ok thanks! :)

Fishobsessed7

No problem, I might move it to the opposite corner right under my filter intake so the heat gets spread around. It is in my one deadzone right now.

Added some cycled media a few days ago and we are now officially cycled! :) :silly:

Fishobsessed7

Added black sand, 5 cories and 2 guppies last night. The guppies will eventually be moved to my guppy tank.

Fishobsessed7

I also added some wisteria and Cryptocoryne wendtii 'tropica'

Fishobsessed7

Hope your wisteria works out for you. Mine doesn't want to grow up, the one that is tall I trimmed the bottom 2 inches off. Now the top of it is laying down and forming roots ?. The other stems u have are still short, and more like a carptet.

Fish are all happy and doing well. I might get some more fish on Thursday.

Fishobsessed7

Never mind. I couldn't wait. I added four harlequins from my ten gallon and they are enjoying the extra space!

I might still get some on Thursday or I might wait another week.

Fishobsessed7

Now I'll probably replace my betta with another one and put this one in a smaller tank. He's starting to flare and nip and chase the other fish.

Fishobsessed7

I'm on my way to get some fish now. I'll see what the store has. I'm kinda wanting a single krib roaming the bottom. We'll see what they have tho.

Fishobsessed7

Back
Top Bottom