5g hex build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi wolf....been trying to catch up reading your post....got long so fast and my internet was so slow...LOL

anyway, I was gonna say that I have a 5G as well and I just ordered 6 chili rasboras from SM and HN1 and SM said that I could actually get 12 of them in the 5G and they will still be fine coz they are really small...

but betta is also a good choice. I am copying the links they gave here for the betta coz I have a 4.4G flatback hex that has no resident yet and I am looking for a nice betta here...

daileene said:
but betta is also a good choice. I am copying the links they gave here for the betta coz I have a 4.4G flatback hex that has no resident yet and I am looking for a nice betta here...

i rember that thread a long while ago. and sorry my threads get outta hand fast lol

it's okay...that means everyody likes your thread....nice looking tank by the way...so you ended up with a blue gravel i see...

thank you. :) i love the look of your tank as well...i have the normal black and brown gravel combo in my 5g and eco complete in my 4.4G...

and i think they are all FW.

Last edited:
lol ik talk about peace of mind should i take the carbon out of my cartridge

Wow you've been busy! lol I'm glad the tank is being put to good use. Can't wait to see a betta in there :)

Actually I was thinking of whether to bring up the cartridge...yes it's carbon so maybe remove it so that way it won't have to be replaced. you could also not even use the filter pad and just get some biomax or a sponge in there if it works with the flow (I wish I had thought of that for my 12 gallon earlier lol but probably wouldn't have made a difference, that thing was cursed). Up to you though, you could just use the pad until it falls apart without the carbon in, I think.

Yes just add ammonia, it's a small tank so you might not need to dose it too high, depends maybe. Do you have the right kind of ammonia?! Double-check before adding it.

And my FW API kit has a high range PH test, so it does test for that too. I have an extra FW API Kit card if you need one (it has all the color charts for ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, ph and high ph) b/c I have two kits. If you need testing bottles I have those too, I don't need two kits lol I only bought the second one b/c I thought the first one may have been faulty after the first tank wasn't showing signs of cycling, but alas it wasn't the testers!

Click on the particular card you want to view and it will maximize it. Then you can read what is printed on the card.

It goes in your filter with the black plastic part facing toward the back of the filter, so the blue pad would be facing toward the output.

Really, like I said, using carbon filters is just costing extra money. You can get just the blue padding like on this cartridge and cut it to size instead of buying expensive cartridges every so often.

there were no words on it ive never seen a cartridge like it before so to be honest i was confused lol and libray was kind enough to give me the cartridge with tank but when this falls appart because it has a tray im just going to fill it with filter sponges or ceramic rings. im adding ammo now when should i add seed material?

just added 1ml ace ammo test in 1min or so? should i disconnect my air pump from my 15 and use my spare airstone and move pump to the 5?

I would use the airstone to help turn the water over and evenly disperse the ammonia.

Test about 30 min or so after adding so the ammo is evenly distributed and your reading is accurate.

this airstone is putting out a heck of a lot of bubbles! way more than my 4" round stone this view is from my bed btw

Attachments

• ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom