5g hex build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xxwolfpackof1xx said:
i may like it but idk jhow to dose

Are there directions on the back? Don't dose until we figure this out... Or You'll have algae out your ears!!! Lol.

ok so ate dinner im rinsing gravel now ( havnt done this in a long long time) i don't have an api fw color card so how will i mesure progress?

You can go ahead and dose the ammonia to 4ppm.
Here is a link with some color charts that were photo copied and put on the net. Not the clearest, but will work in a pinch. As long as the test is for salt AND fresh water aquariums.

what do you mean all the tests are the same only the ph and color cards are different ( sw usually has high range ph fw usually dose not )

Okay, I wasn't sure if there were any differences right off.

Since they are the same you can just use these scanned color cards to eyeball your params. That is the nice thing about fishless, as long as it is around 4ppm you are good, doesn't have to be exact!

Yes, or at least I would. Carbon use is really just personal preference. The only time it is really "needed" is for removing meds from the tank, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom