5G Shrimp tank advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tarpon said:
I found my 2 amanos dried up on my floor on the other side of the room from the tank.
The only opening was the lid was cracked open about 1/2 an inch. How they got out is beyond me

Sorry for the loss, but wow! Were they full grown amanos? I've seen some pretty huge amanos but to fit through that, that's crazy

50ppm is a lot of co2, 30ppm is the usual recommended amount for tanks with livestock, but as already mentioned, your mileage may vary.

As far as ferts go, if Coursair was talking about API leaf zone, it's not much of a fertilizer, it only contains potassium and iron. Flourish comprehensive is a much better alternative, unless you are ready to start going with dry ferts of course. It's a good choice if you are deficient in one or both of those things but it definitely doesn't cover the list of micros/macros that plants utilize.

Austin.b said:
Sorry for the loss, but wow! Were they full grown amanos? I've seen some pretty huge amanos but to fit through that, that's crazy

They were about 2 inches. So just make sure your tank is sealed

jetajockey said:
50ppm is a lot of co2, 30ppm is the usual recommended amount for tanks with livestock, but as already mentioned, your mileage may vary.

As far as ferts go, if Coursair was talking about API leaf zone, it's not much of a fertilizer, it only contains potassium and iron. Flourish comprehensive is a much better alternative, unless you are ready to start going with dry ferts of course. It's a good choice if you are deficient in one or both of those things but it definitely doesn't cover the list of micros/macros that plants utilize.

What liquid fert would you recommend? Or whats an all around good fert that goes well with shrimp? Yeah, I'm not ready for dry fert's lol

Austin.b said:
I'm still relatively new to co2, is that alot? Or would that be a medium amount? Sorry for the dumb question lol

I run mu co2 pretty high. Recommended level is 25-30 ppm, with 70 ppm being an unsafe level.

Back
Top Bottom