5g shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vance1013

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everybody my 5g tank has just finished cycling took bout 3 weeks i did a fishless cycle using deco from my ten and using fish food for ammonia source i was planning to use it for my betta but unfortunately he died from ich awhile back :( but now i have a 5g tank with one piece of driftwood with java moss ill get a pic soon i was thinking of dwarf hair grass ill be putting some rock in there soon too i was wondering if just the dhg would be ok for shrimp and what kind of shrimp would be good my params are ph: 6.8 ammonia: 0 nitrite: 0 nitrate: 5 thank you in advance my substrate is seachem flourite

Red cherry shrimp crystal shrimp bumble bee shrimp amano shrimp or rili shrimp

hellaasian said:
Red cherry shrimp crystal shrimp bumble bee shrimp amano shrimp or rili shrimp

Thank you for the suggestions ill research each of those thats what i was hoping for so i could research one

I have a fluval 5g with java moss java fern and a moss ball with black substrate i started out with two red cherry shrimps and now have bout 50 they reproduce quickly so if u have any questions just ask

hellaasian said:
I have a fluval 5g with java moss java fern and a moss ball with black substrate i started out with two red cherry shrimps and now have bout 50 they reproduce quickly so if u have any questions just ask

Will do thank you

Ok ive made my choice im going with the red cherry shrimp quick question how many shrimp per gallon can i do when the population gets higher i can put some in my 10g

Added some rock i have thoughts suggestions

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121118_201057.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121118_201057.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 110
  • ForumRunner_20121118_201118.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121118_201118.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 91
  • ForumRunner_20121118_201136.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121118_201136.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 92
I say put a black background on there, add some plants and you'll be good to go!

Already planned on those two things lol i plan some dwarf hair grass some more java moss on the rocks i was thinking maybe some taller plants in the back this is a 5g what would go good that are tall but short enough and low light i know of a few low light taller plants what about a couple swords?

I know swords like argentine and amazon get huge so I would rule them out...I think vallisneria would look good, they get pretty long but can easily be trimmed. I would also add some anubias and crypts.

oh and pics would be nice for ideas

Here's the most recent pic of my 6.6 RCS tank with some of its residents ... I started with 14 at the end of Sept. Last count? 60+. RCS are prolific breeders ... my tank is swarming with shrimplets. Dozens upon Dozens hatched during Sandy! Oh and I have at least 3 more berried females.:dance:. Um ... I won't mention how many are saddled.:nono:

Attachments

• IMG_2895.jpg
    IMG_2895.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2906.jpg
    IMG_2906.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 109
jcolon said:
Here's the most recent pic of my 6.6 RCS tank with some of its residents ... I started with 14 at the end of Sept. Last count? 60+. RCS are prolific breeders ... my tank is swarming with shrimplets. Dozens upon Dozens hatched during Sandy! Oh and I have at least 3 more berried females.:dance:. Um ... I won't mention how many are saddled.:nono:
i don't mean to hog the post...but if you ever want to sell any of them let me know!

abrinn23 said:
I know swords like argentine and amazon get huge so I would rule them out...I think vallisneria would look good, they get pretty long but can easily be trimmed. I would also add some anubias and crypts.

Thank you ill check out the vallisneria i might do either anubis or java fern i havent looked at crypts yet

Back
Top Bottom