5g shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is true plants on the next paycheck maybe but definitely new bulbs for both tanks need to get cfls

I just got a 16" Finnex Fuge light for my planted 5.5 gallon and I love it. It's more expensive than CFLs but man is it pretty. I had a $13 10w LED floodlight on it before and it was just to much. My other option was the CFL but I've just used them for to many years. lol They grow loads of plants though. Never had a single complaint from a CFL.

CorallineAlgae said:
I just got a 16" Finnex Fuge light for my planted 5.5 gallon and I love it. It's more expensive than CFLs but man is it pretty. I had a $13 10w LED floodlight on it before and it was just to much. My other option was the CFL but I've just used them for to many years. lol They grow loads of plants though. Never had a single complaint from a CFL.

Thats good to hear about the cfl the hood came with a bulb but its old and kindve givin off a yellow color lol

Not yet my son was born last week and got over being suck last week too lol hopefully new bulbs and maybe a plant or two this weekend

Ah ok lol yah flourite is pretty nice i need to do my 10 with it soon im just waiting on my new filter to come

so an update of sorts since the filter on my ten has basically crapped out and my new filter got lost in shipping i can reorder it until payday tomorrow im going to tear down my ten and put the stock from my ten in the 5 dont wory its not for long and not a heavy stock its 2 neon tetras been meaning to bump it to 6 lol 2 otos and a black mystery snail itll only be until a little after the 15th hey it gives me a chance to redo my ten to the way i want it meaning natural

OK so its berm quite some time busy with kids and work but I'm still planning on shrimp I've got left over sand from my 55 gallon I'm thinking of switching the substrate to sand I've currently have a betta in there that I couldn't resist I have no idea of his temperament though I'll post pics soon im thinking of keeping the betta and have RCS would that work I know there is mixed reviews on that

Bettas can be hit or miss with shrimp but they will usually eat any juveniles they can catch. I had a betta with a few adults and some babies made it. Your milage may vary. If you don't mind sacrificing some shrimp to him it may be worth a shot. Otherwise you could always exchange the betta. in small tanks shrimp really do best alone or with a tiny fish or two. That's no reason not to give it a shot. Just be prepared for the risk. Beat of luck. ^_^

Bettas can be hit or miss with shrimp but they will usually eat any juveniles they can catch. I had a betta with a few adults and some babies made it. Your milage may vary. If you don't mind sacrificing some shrimp to him it may be worth a shot. Otherwise you could always exchange the betta. in small tanks shrimp really do best alone or with a tiny fish or two. That's no reason not to give it a shot. Just be prepared for the risk. Beat of luck. ^_^

OK thank there is a ten gallon he can go too if need be

Back
Top Bottom