5Gal Tank, no idea what i should put in them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yuchen375

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am in love with shellfish crabs and shrimps. but i know a 5G might be a little too small for them. I was wondering what should i put in my tank. It is somewhat over planted, ill adjust that soon enough before the fish/others arrive.

Thank you guys! I am new here as well :)

Attachments

• IMG_2158.jpg
    IMG_2158.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 80
I'm no expert at all but maybe a male beta?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could certainly keep some small shrimp in a 5 gallon tank. You could do a snail if you like the shell look. Or a male or female betta would be great in there.

A 5 gallon is really small, but there is some few fish you can put in there....

1-Male or Female Betta(Not Both)
3-Cory Catfish

Or

10 Cherry Shrimp

Or

1-Female or Male Betta(Not Both)
10-Adult Shrimp

A betta is about the only fish that will work in a 5g tank. Some can be kept with Red cherry shrimp while others (like mine) maul them ferociously. Ghost shrimp are a little safer to keep with a betta since they are larger.

I have to say a big no to the corys, there just isnt enough space in that particular tank for them.

A betta is about the only fish that will work in a 5g tank. Some can be kept with Red cherry shrimp while others (like mine) maul them ferociously. Ghost shrimp are a little safer to keep with a betta since they are larger.

I have to say a big no to the corys, there just isnt enough space in that particular tank for them.

Thanks for tell ME that as well!!!!

I also agree on the idea of a betta. There are a few nano fish that would work too, but can be harder to find and I would like you know the footprint of your tank before advising too much since it looks like it might be a little taller than the average 5g tank. I fully agree though that it would make a great shrimp tank. Red cherry shrimp are great fun to watch. They are bright and active and reproduce fairly easily.

I have a 5g RCS tank. Lots of color varieties available if you aren't interested in red; I'm actually in the process of starting another shrimp tank with yellows.

Back
Top Bottom