5x6x2'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lorihallfrisch

Aquarium Advice Regular
I live in Mid TN near Nashville, I have found a 5'x6'x2' rubbermaid trough that I think may suite my needs. I want to put maybe 6 or so goldfish in an outside pond. If I have to I will heat it with a horse tank warmer or something in the winter to keep it open. It looks likethtis measurement is just about 330 gallons. do you think this will work. ?Planning on it being inground. I am worried it is not very deep. thanks

It sounds like it would work! Inground, the temp should stay more stable. I wouldnt be as concerned with the Nashville winters (keep the surface ice-free) but the summers there may mean keeping an eye on the temp to make sure you dont boil your fish. Having some amount of shade will help alot! Just make sure you have some type of filtration/aeration. Let us know how things go! :)

hey jlk my anchor worm meds are in the mail. Lil calicofantail seems to be doing better. 50% water changes everyday with metronozole (sp) still everyday. appetite great,more active, but still holds top fin clamped a bit. I do not look forward to treating 3 tanks. As long as it doesnthurt my fish tho all will be good.

I am glad to hear this!! The anchor worm treatment will take awhile so hang in there while treating! If you have any questions, just ask! Look for to seeing how your pond project progresses!! :)

Back
Top Bottom