6G Fishless Cycle Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pics will be up for sure, even though it is a small tank.

So if I am understanding right i should do a 90% PWC now, turn the temp down and dose to 1ppm ammo to keep the bacteria going? Or would you suggest leaving it one more day and testing again tomorrow?

Pandy said:
Pics will be up for sure, even though it is a small tank.

So if I am understanding right i should do a 90% PWC now, turn the temp down and dose to 1ppm ammo to keep the bacteria going? Or would you suggest leaving it one more day and testing again tomorrow?

That all depends on when you plan on adding fish. If it's tomorrow, you can do your massive water change, turn down the heater and not add anymore ammonia. If it's going to be several days...just add in ~1ppm of ammonia every day and do the water change the night before getting them. If it's going to be quite some time like next week...I'd pretend like nothing has changed and keep dosing the ammonia up to 4ppm...and again, do your big water change to make sure no3 is as low as possible before adding fish. Either way I'd turn the heater down now so you don't forget it later :)

Today we have fish :D

Went for 6 Celestial Pearl Danio's (although they were marked as Galaxy Rasboras) and they seem to be happy so far, long may it continue!

Do you think i could fit a few more in or would 6 be my limit?

All is going well swimmingly (y)

Tested the water on the 6th Oct and today and my results are:

Ammo - 0.25ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate - 5ppm
PH - Between 7.0 and 7.2

Ammo - 0.25ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate - 5ppm
PH - 7.2

And the fish seem happy enough im just wondering if i can maybe add 3 more to bring the total up to 9 or would that not be a wise move?

All is going well swimmingly (y)

Tested the water on the 6th Oct and today and my results are:

Ammo - 0.25ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate - 5ppm
PH - Between 7.0 and 7.2

Ammo - 0.25ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate - 5ppm
PH - 7.2

And the fish seem happy enough im just wondering if i can maybe add 3 more to bring the total up to 9 or would that not be a wise move?

Congrats! I have CPDs too -- they are cute little fish and very pretty when you see them up close. I'm assuming the ammonia is really 0 and not .25 (it's hard to tell the difference; testing it against spring water will let you know for sure if it's 0)?

You could probably add a couple more. Just keep up with testing at least weekly and a good weekly water change schedule and you should be fine. Pics would be awesome if you could get some. :)

Thanks guys, yeah Saturday is my pond/aquarium day so its all gets done then, and i usually test mid week to keep the variables to a minimum :)

one thing i do notice is thst one f the CPDs doesn't always come out with the other 5 but will keep and eye on it.

I will try for some pictures but im struggling even with the DSLR!

Thanks guys, yeah Saturday is my pond/aquarium day so its all gets done then, and i usually test mid week to keep the variables to a minimum :)

one thing i do notice is thst one f the CPDs doesn't always come out with the other 5 but will keep and eye on it.

I will try for some pictures but im struggling even with the DSLR!

They're pretty shy fish. It may take them a day or two to figure out they are the only ones in the tank and nothing can hurt them. Mine like to rest behind my driftwood but when I go up to the tank they all come right up to the front and say hello, it's adorable (of course if I move too fast they go hiding again lol). A couple also play with the Corys, but it definitely took them a bit to relax. I still can't get a good pic of them; if you do let me know how you did it!

Bought another 3 CPDs so they are being introduced as we speak, and also bought another couple of rock ornaments so once the fish are settled in ill have a play with the layout and defo get some pics up :)

Back
Top Bottom