75 gallon BUILD! -Heera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I couldn't find the stand and tank for 90 gallon.
But do have offer on a 75 gallon with stand ( pic).

It's been in storage for 5 years. Was resealed and used for 1 year.

Does have a tiny chip on the back corner. But otherwise all looks good.

Plz give me input? How hard is it to reseal it?

Attachments

• image-1126335956.jpg
    image-1126335956.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 158
it's not that hard 1st practice on a cardboard box with cheap latex calk this will let you get the hang of it were rubber gloves and use tip of a plastic spoon to smooth the joints and do the bottom first. You may even get lucky and not have to reseal

Grizz said:
it's not that hard 1st practice on a cardboard box with cheap latex calk this will let you get the hang of it were rubber gloves and use tip of a plastic spoon to smooth the joints and do the bottom first. You may even get lucky and not have to reseal

So we are talking about sealing right?

Sealing with calk?

practice with the calk But use silicone for the tank a tube of latex calk is .99 cents a tube of silicone $3-4 lay a thin bead down and smooth with the spoon it will give you a nice even look
Hardest part of the job is getting the old stuff off

Grizz said:
practice with the calk But use silicone for the tank a tube of latex calk is .99 cents a tube of silicone $3-4 lay a thin bead down and smooth with the spoon it will give you a nice even look
Hardest part of the job is getting the old stuff off

Do I rip it all off or a part of it.
Do I need to sand or clean with something before re-sealing it

All of the old seal needs to be removed get what you can by hand then use a single edged razor blade to remove the last little bit wipe it down with some alcohol then vacuum.
you'll find little bits that want stay in there you want the glass pristine most of the work is in the prep. Use pure silicone not the stuff that has anti mold in it.
I would fill it first as it may not need to be resealed I have a 55g that was stored for 10 years i filled it let it set for a week and had no leaks at all

Going to see the tank today. If I Like it I may buy it.

On other note. Is that normal for the cleaner wrasse to eat lettuce.???

Attachments

• image-2044033707.jpg
    image-2044033707.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 108
  • image-3611789485.jpg
    image-3611789485.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 80
Just got the tank today. 75 gallon for 50$.
Will post pics once i clean it. ;)

When I got home and turned the lights on.

I saw the yellow tank looked almost white. I was so scared. But after half an hour now he seems yellow again. Why is that.
He also seem to be hitting the glass with his fin. Is this normal????

Another question I have is on the use of substrate. How much minimum I need and what are the Benifits of deep sand bed?

Can I mix my Live sand course, sugar sized and PFS.

I will not be washing the sand when moving because I will scoop from tank tank and into another.

But most likely I will use a 2" clear pipe to siphon sand from this tank to new one.

What u guys think??

Well how does this stand look??
For 50$.

It's 1" thick very feels very sturdy.

Attachments

• image-2227196799.jpg
    image-2227196799.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 115
Is it just ply-wood or does it have a 2x4 frame inside? if not id pass on it

id do a simple box frame.. i dont think you really need vertical supports in the middle.. a box frame will handle it nicely:)

The stand is fine. People tend to overbuild (me included).

As far as price goes, I got 2 70s for free. a 55 with stand and sump for free, and just recently a 125 with stand for... free.

Join your local reef club.

The stand is fine. People tend to overbuild (me included).

As far as price goes, I got 2 70s for free. a 55 with stand and sump for free, and just recently a 125 with stand for... free.

Join your local reef club.

Can you kick your self for me :lol: Nice find

Back
Top Bottom