75 gallon freshwater aquarium stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meganangeline

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 75 gallon aquarium and I would really like to have quite a few beautiful fish. I just need help deciding how and what type of fish to stock my tank with. Currently the only fish I am set on putting in there is my plecostomas and 2 pictus catfish. I was unaware of how big they get and once I found out I went looking for a big tank to put them in, but I would hate to have a tank with just 3 baby fish in it. I would like to know what else I could stock in my tank, preferably bright colorful fish. Thanks! ?

Moonlight or pearl gouramis would be nice. Depending on the species, the pleco may need a bigger tank. Bleeding heart tetras or black ruby barbs would be good schoolers. You might be able to find some large angelfish at some pet stores.

African cichlids. You want to overstock to prevent aggression and there are some beautiful fish to choose from. I just love the attitude of these fish. Study up on them. Very important. I went with a mix of mbunas, peacocks, and one hap. U will read a lot about not mixing these types but if u start with juves and provide a good amount of hiding spots. It will work. If you want some good info on this subscribe to cichlidvideo on you tube. Watch away. Hope it helps. Little partial to Africans. FISH WITH ATTITUDE.

I am currently working on a 75 too with african cichlids. Great tank choice for these bad boys.

Back
Top Bottom