75 gallon setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platiesareawesome

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! I was thinking of getting a 55 gallon tank soon, but I just found out that I have room for a 75 gallon! Will this setup work?

1. 75 gallon glass aquarium
2. x2 aquaclear 110 power filters
3. x2 sponge filters rated for 80 gallons
4. Fluval Q1 Air Pump
5. 40 pounds Eco-Complete or FloraMax
6. 35 pounds sand (is there a brand that is good?)
7. Light fixture and glass hood (I can't find any good inexpensive fixtures or bulbs. Any Recommendations? I want a planted tank with 2-4 watts per gallon).

Thank You! :thanks:

Hello! I was thinking of getting a 55 gallon tank soon, but I just found out that I have room for a 75 gallon! Will this setup work?

4. Fluval Q1 Air Pump
7. Light fixture and glass hood (I can't find any good inexpensive fixtures or bulbs. Any Recommendations? I want a planted tank with 2-4 watts per gallon).

I recently just bought 2 8$ work lights from Home Depot and some CFLs. 20$ and should support medium plants at the bottom of my tank (21" tall). Here's a pic

Attachments

• image-1133597014.jpg
    image-1133597014.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 73

4. Fluval Q1 Air Pump

I would probably cut filtration down to a canister filter and a powerhead or airstone. Eco complete is fine without sand (although if you want sand for aesthetics that is your choice). Light wise it would be better if you told us what plants you want and then we could recomend a fixture.

I would probably cut filtration down to a canister filter and a powerhead or airstone. Eco complete is fine without sand (although if you want sand for aesthetics that is your choice). Light wise it would be better if you told us what plants you want and then we could recomend a fixture.

I would like to have plants like wisteria, hygro, anacharis, hairgrass, and possibly micro sword. I plan to have goldfish. Also, COULD I have two aquaclear filters? (I just wanted the sponge filters because I want an air pump, so I might as well put sponge filters on it).

Personally, although there really is no such thing as too much filtration, well, I think you might be better off with 1 AC110, a couple fluval u2s and a small canister. More filtration strength doesn't necessarily give you properly balanced flow

Personally, although there really is no such thing as too much filtration, well, I think you might be better off with 1 AC110, a couple fluval u2s and a small canister. More filtration strength doesn't necessarily give you properly balanced flow
What do you guys think about lighting? What brand fixtures and bulbs are good, and what models?

Goldfish are pretty notorious plant eaters/uprooters, although not saying it can't work. Might need to rethink the sort of plants you want.

Lighting could be difficult. Hairgrass is a high light plant and all the others are low light lol

How about this?
Background: Wisteria
Mid-ground: Dwarf Sagetteria
Foreground: Crypt

+ Driftwood

Lighting: 108w

And doesn't micro sword need high light?

Switch the dwarf sag and crypt around. Most crypt should grow a lot taller than dwarf sag. And dwarf sag is med light btw.

Lighting could be difficult. Hairgrass is a high light plant and all the others are low light lol

Hairgrass is not high light ( though it likes it ). But are we talking about dwarf hairgrass or giant hairgrass? Giant is high light area. Dwarf can survive in med light.

Thank you! (y) Do you think that would look good? What would you do? And would have low-medium light, correct?

Yes you would have around low-med light on your tank. And for background, is rather do for jungle val or some sort of vallisneria because they spread faster causing a more lush looking background.

Back
Top Bottom