75 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
awilson133 said:
Whoa that's a weird fish. How big do they get?

8." they need to be kept with peaceful fish though, anything nippy or aggressive (which bichirs tend to get) will tear them up unfortunately. ): they have small mouths though so they don't eat small fish. Great centerpiece.

Would the way my tank is scaped be okay for a African brown knife??

ForumRunner_20120714_132736.jpg

awilson133 said:
Would the way my tank is scaped be okay for a African brown knife??

As long as they have some kind of hiding spot, like in the Dw, so yes! They like plants, but it's not necessary at all!

The more dark spots and holes for them to hide is best low light will help as well there nocturnal so they need caves..

They can easily be in high light as long as they have a dark spot, which it looks like you do.

If i were you i would do
3 angel fish
10 black skirts
30 neons
1 Rubber lip or BN pleco
5 Polka dot loaches
3 Pearl gourami (1m 3f)
2 Blue Rams or other type of ram

FishFanatic88 said:
If i were you i would do
3 angel fish
10 black skirts
30 neons
1 Rubber lip or BN pleco
5 Polka dot loaches
3 Pearl gourami (1m 3f)
2 Blue Rams or other type of ram

I like that a lot..
Black skirts no..I don't think there that's pretty. Um I could do move my peacock eel. And substitute the black skirts. Wouldnt the neons become food?

A peacock eel would do just fine in a community type of setting. They will eat anything that can fit in their mouth BUT they have VERY small mouths. I keep one with all kinds of community fish (neons, rasboras...)
If you want odd ball I would really suggest you put hatchet fish in with that stock. I only have one but he is so neat!

Lamp eye tetras. or put some other smaller fish or tetra that you like, but neons and zebra dainio-like fish will get eaten, after all it is your tank! lol. but definetly dont put barbs with the angels. you should definetly get the polka dot loaches because they offer endless enjoyment and you wont regret it.

I have my peacock in my 36 and the smallest I have in there are neons. I don't think ill have anything smaller in there okay I narrowed it down
3 angels
1 pleco ( I have one in my 36g so ill just rehome)
5 polka dot loaches
3 pearl gourami 1 m 2 f
10 - 15 lamp eyes
And a school of hatchets

awilson133 said:
I have my peacock in my 36 and the smallest I have in there are neons. I don't think ill have anything smaller in there okay I narrowed it down
3 angels
1 pleco ( I have one in my 36g so ill just rehome)
5 polka dot loaches
3 pearl gourami 1 m 2 f
10 - 15 lamp eyes
And a school of hatchets

That sounds like a really nice selection!

Back
Top Bottom