75 gallon tank IDEAS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImACoolguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have recently got a 75 gallon tank and stand. Tank is 48"L, 18"W, 21"T.

My substrate is a mixture of sand and bio substrate for plants.

Filter is a Cascade 1000 canister filter(left side of tank)

400w Heater on (right side of tank)

I have set up a Pressurized co2 system with an Aquatek regulator and I put the diffuser on the back wall in the center of the tank.

Water has yet to be added. I am going to go look for some smaller driftwood to add today.

I know for a fact I was some Angels, 4 of them was suggested to me as a good amount. Some Rainbowfish and 2-3 dwarf gourami's. What else will be good to add?

I will have live plants in there. My friend (major fish guy lots of tanks) suggested some easy plants to start with like Cryptocline(spelling?) Amazon Swords, wisteria, etc. QUESTION: he said add the plants first. This is a 75 gallon tank. If I just fill up the tank a little like 10-15 gallons and do my Aquascaping, would the plants be able to handle filling the rest of the tank up and conditioning it? My tap water goes through reverse osmosis before it comes out.

1. Can my plants handle some tap water while the tank conditions?

2. Fish suggestions for the fish I already want?

3. Thank you for actually reading this far and any other comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hello!
Sounds like your tank will be lively! Im not certain but I hear angels can get more aggressive with age - I have two blue gourami females and two honey gourami m/f and they do fine together, but the male gets ornery at times. No angelfish in my tanks so I can't say if they wouldn't be good mates with the gourami. As for suggestions - how about Corydoras Duplicareus? I don't have any but am thinking of adding some to my 65gal with the gourami.

Im curious to see how the CO2 distributes in your tank from the middle. In my 55gal I have the diffuser next to the intake, some goes into the filter while the rest is pushed around the tank with the current.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

When I set up my 55gallon tank I added plants immediately and let it cycle that way. They didn't mind the tap water and seemed to do fine. Plants like the ones you mentioned should do fine so long as there is some sort of light. I tried green myrio but it died during the cycle - since then I've switched to RO water and have added ferts and co2 injection so it would probably do fine now.

Moneywort is also a good plant to start the tank with I think.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the suggestions! I heard Angels will be fine with gourami as long as they grow up together. We will see how that theory goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom