8 Gallon Biocube - cloudy after water change 24 hrs later

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaughterwantsNemo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey All,

I did my weekly water change and my used to be crystal clear water is now cloudy, white and filmy, looking.

My levels are perfect, ammonia in 0 (zero) too.

Can anyone give a perspective?

Also, one of my very large snails has turned on to its side. Not sure if it is dead. I am monitoring for movement. I did however turn it so that is was belly on the sand and shell pointing straight up. My crabs didn't touch him all night so I hope that it is a good sign.

Thanks

I also get that, sometimes it takes longer for the h2o to clear up, but after 2-3 days you should have it crystal clear again...as far as the snail, its hard to say, it could be fine, or it could also have "felt" a drop/change in the new water you added? Did you do everything properly? Equal temperature, ph, etc?
Either way, if you notice it hasnt moved in a day or two, remove it...it could be dead...
good luck!

used tap water with purifier and 24 hrs min. I usually have the water mixing from the week before as I mixed to much water.

Snail looks deeply tucked into the shell. Smells like bad sea food, very fishy. I placed the snail high on the rocks. If it is in same place tonight, I will have my answer

Back
Top Bottom